"What I See I Can Be" Manuals
Children's Yoga Teacher Training - A Self Guided Course
The What I See, I Can Children's Yoga Teacher Training self-guided course gives you what you need to successfully teach children’s yoga. Whether you are brand new to yoga or having been doing yoga for years, this course provides everything that you need to know to do fun, safe and age-appropriate yoga with your children. This course is excellent for School Teachers, Day Care Providers, Health Care Professionals, Parents, Youth Leaders and Yoga Instructors. It is also great for anyone who cares about children’s health and/or would like to reap the benefits of incorporating yoga into their child-focused program.
This self-study course also provides helpful exercises and activities to allow Teachers to expand into the School Curriculum. The Children's Yoga Teacher Training is easy to use with “At a Glance Reference Charts” for each Subject Area, to easily identify which activities you would like to use, based on the curriculum areas and grade levels that you are looking for. The “Answers” for all of the student work exercises are shown in Blue for Teacher’s quick and easy reference.
Activities, exercises, games and Black Line Masters have been provided for Language Arts, Math, Science, Art, Physical Education, Health, and Daily Physical Activity (DPA) for your Classroom’s Lesson Plans. Helpful Classroom Management ideas have also been provided.
The “What I See, I Can Children's Yoga Teacher Training” has been created to help you:- Discover that You CAN Teach Kids Yoga!
- Learn more about Yoga, including some of the history, principles, goals and benefits of yoga
- Understand the Yoga Do’s and Don’ts and how to keep your children safe, while doing yoga
- Learn all of the creative ways to use the What I See, I Can Be Resources
- How to Incorporate Yoga into the Classroom and Answers to all of your Big Questions
- How to Do the Yoga Poses, which includes pictures and detailed descriptions of each
of the age-appropriate yoga poses and their possible and creative Variations
- The Similarities and Differences between Yoga for Adults and Yoga for Kids
- The Quick Guide: The 10 Tips for Doing Yoga with Children
- How to get the most out of your classroom’s yoga experience
- Many helpful tools, exercises and activities that have been included to allow Teachers the opportunity to extend the “What I See, I Can Be” resources
into the classroom curriculum
- Illustrations and photos have been added, which clearly show how to do the yoga postures and the variations, making it easy to understand and
apply in your classroom or program
- A special section for “Classroom Management” ideas has also been provided.
The Children's Yoga Teacher Training has 2 volumes, and in these 146 pages filled with everything that you need, you will learn the following:1. Getting Started: Your Journey to Teaching Children’s Yoga
2. How to Use the “What I See, I Can Be” Resources Effectively
3. Safety First: The Yoga Do’s and Don’ts
4. Answers for the Big Questions
5. Specific Posture Guidelines: Do’s Don’ts and Variations
6. The Similarities and Differences of Teaching Yoga to Adults and Children
7. What is the Typical Yoga Flow and How do you make it appropriate for Children’s Needs
8. The Quick Guide: The 10 Tips for Doing Yoga with Children
9. Expanding into the School Curriculum Tools and Activities for Language Arts, Math, Science, Art,
Daily Physical Activity (DPA), Physical Education and Health:
- Black Line Masters
- Quick Reference Guide for each major subject area
including Classroom Management
- Exercises and activities for each major subject area
including Classroom Management
This Children's Yoga Teacher Training has been organized by the following Subject Areas with activities within each subject area touching upon the following learning focus:
|Language Arts & Literacy:||Literacy, Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, Creative Writing, Character Development|
|Math:||Counting, Statistics, Survey Work, Graphing, Angles, Subtraction, Measurement, Percentages, Repeated Addition / Multiplication|
|Art:||Anatomy, Sculpture, Patterns, Drawing|
|Science:||Animals, Human Body, Natural Environment|
|Physical Education & Health:||Yoga, Games, Yoga Flows, Body and Breath Awareness|
|Classroom Management:||Attention Getters, Forming Groups, Indoor Recess Activities|
The exercises can be scaled up or down, depending on the capabilities of the students.
The grade range that is intended for these exercises are:
- Junior / Senior Kindergarten
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
Teachers can also receive tips, hints and updated materials as they become available by joining our quarterly newsletter.
The “What I See, I Can Be” Children’s Yoga Teacher Training self-guided course gives you what you need to successfully teach children’s yoga. The resources are easy to use and fun for all ages. The course helps you promote physical activity and how to provide a safe and fun Yoga workout. Feel more comfortable and confident about introducing your children to yoga.
In Volume #1 you will learn all of the important history and background to allow you to put Yoga into context. You will learn how to approach a Yoga Flow and how to keep children safe, while they are having fun staying active and fit through Yoga.
In Volume #2 you will be provided with many interesting and fun ways to incorporate Yoga into your required teaching objectives and Physical Education and Daily Physical Activity (DPA) programs. The course shows how Yoga is a natural fit into any classroom, or child-centered program.
Get started today and bring the benefits of Yoga to your children!
Frequently Bought Together
Teacher Value Pack - Special:$125.95 CAD Save $21.98 and save on shipping!
|Terms and Conditions of Sale|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This is an excellent hard cover picture book for teachers, parents and grandparents ...
This full size glossy poster is 24” x 36” and is excellent for instructional purposes in classrooms and homes...
“Finally, a yoga resource that is effective and easy to follow, and fully inclusive of all physical ability levels! Each yoga pose is clearly illustrated, guiding you into correct body positioning. The book is perfect to use as a stand alone on warm days for yoga outdoors. The book and CD will rapidly become valuable and essential components of a high quality DPA program. Teachers in open concept classrooms will find that the CD works wonderfully when played at normal teacher volume with the children following along. Use the CD to do a few poses after periods of high activity to bring the mind and body back to a place of focus and calm – allowing for optimal learning to take place! This is an irreplaceable DPA resource that every primary/junior teacher should own.”
“Brilliantly written, beautifully illustrated. An essential resource for anyone advocating for the health, fitness and wellness of our children.”
"In these fast-paced and over-stimulated days, it is a joy to find such a resource. It offers children and the adults in their lives the invitation to slow down, get centered, remember our place in nature and improve our fitness. What a wonderful combination!”